StarTech.com’s innovative PCI Express to PCI Expansion Chassis provides a quick and simple solution to I/O expandability on almost any PCI Express (PCIe) enabled system. Adding external PCI slots to a server/workstation or laptop, this cost-effective and time-saving method of simply adding additional PCI cards to a server/workstation or providing a platform to be able to swap PCI add-in cards between a mobile and desktop setup is the optimal method of maximizing the I/O capabilities of new or existing systems.
The external expansion chassis adds four PCI slots (32-bit/33MHz) to the host computer system, through a single PCI Express connection. Providing total bandwidth of up to 250MBps from the x1 PCIe host controller card, which allows the host computer to function as though the cards in the expansion chassis were connected directly to the motherboard.
A dependable I/O expansion solution, the Expansion Chassis is backed by StarTech.com’s 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Add an additional 4 PCI slots (32-bit/33 MHz), using PCI Express
- Rugged steel construction
- Supports both 5V and 3.3V/5V add-in PCI cards
- Self-powered Expansion box with an on/off button
- No driver or software installation
- PCI Express adapter card includes both Full/Low Profile installation brackets