This USB 3.1 card lets you add two USB-C™ ports to your computer, through a PCI Express slot. It enables you to upgrade your current system by adding two USB 3.1 Gen 2 ports to your computer and giving you access to data transfer speeds up to 10Gbps.
With the addition of two USB Type-C™ ports, you can rest assured your computer is compatible with the growing popularity of USB-C peripherals.
Faster USB performance
By adding 10Gbps USB ports to your computer, you can harness the speed of USB 3.1 Gen 2 and rest assured you’re ready for both current and future high-bandwidth USB-C devices.
With higher data throughput support, this USB 3.1 PCIe card is a necessity for external drives, drive enclosures, and many other USB 3.1 peripherals. Plus, the USB card includes an optional SATA power connector to connect to your system power supply and deliver up to 900mA of power per port to USB 3.1 bus-powered devices (500mA for USB 2.0). The card is ideal for use with large external storage solutions.
Compatible with older USB devices
The card is backward compatible with USB 3.0 (5Gbps) and USB 2.0 (480mbps) devices. You can add the card now for use with newer USB-C devices, while still connecting your existing USB peripherals using a variety of USB-C cables and adapters.
The USB 3.1 card is compatible with a broad range of Windows® and Linux® operating systems. Plus, the high-quality card includes both standard-profile and low-profile brackets, making it easy to install in full or small form-factor PCs and servers.
The PEXUSB312C2 is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Transfer files and access USB 3.1 devices faster, with up to 10Gbps throughput
- Get set for the future of universal connectivity, by adding two USB-C ports to your computer
- Optional SATA power connector provides up to 900mA per USB port
- Works with your existing USB 3.0 (5Gbps) and USB 2.0 (480Mbps) devices, for cost-effective backward compatibility
- PCIe x4 interface compliant with PCI Express Base Specification Revision 3.0
- Fits into standard or low-profile systems with a dual-profile design