This 3 Port PCI Express FireWire adapter card can be installed in a PCI Express slot to add two IEEE1394b (FireWire 800 – 9 pin) ports and one IEEE1394a (FireWire 400 – 6 pin) port, providing broad compatibility with a wide range of FireWire devices (e.g. DV camcorders, external hard drives, digital cameras, etc.).
The 2b, 1a card features a native (single chip) PCI Express chipset – resulting in faster, more reliable and cost effective performance than expansion cards that utilize a “bridge” chip.
- Two 9-pin FireWire 800 ports, each with transfer rates up to 800Mbps
- One 6-pin FireWire 400 port, each with transfer rates up to 400Mbps
- Built with a native PCI Express chipset, no bridge chip
- Includes low profile/half-height installation bracket
- Internal power connector for high powered FireWire devices
- Compliant with IEEE 1394b and backwards compatible with IEEE 1394a – 2000 as well as 1394-1995 standards