This single-port USB 2.0 extender lets you access and use your USB device up to 100 m away over Cat5e or Cat6 cable. And, because it can be powered by either the local or the remote unit, you have more flexibility to place your USB device exactly where you need it. It’s the perfect USB extension solution for warehouses, factories, classrooms, boardrooms, homes, or offices.
Flexible power input options
Many USB-to-Ethernet extenders require that the remote unit has a power source connected for operation, which can make installation difficult. This versatile extender overcomes that restriction, letting you connect the power adapter to either the local (transmitter) unit or the remote (receiver) unit as needed.
When the power adapter is connected to the local unit, the extender delivers power over your Cat5e or Cat6 cable, eliminating the need for a power adapter in the remote location. Now you have the added convenience to install your USB device even in a remote location where a power outlet is unavailable, up to 100 m away.
Eliminates hassle and smashes distance limitations
This USB extender overcomes the 16 ft. cable length limitations of traditional USB 2.0 cables, so you can create a more efficient, more flexible workspace. It’s perfect for connecting webcams, printers, flash drives, and virtually any USB peripheral.
Plus, with the included power adapter, you can connect power-hungry USB devices such as external hard drives. For added installation convenience, the USB-to-Ethernet extender features built-in cable-tie slots for mounting to a pole.
Supports any operating system and older devices
The USB 2.0-over-Cat5-or-Cat6 extender is multi-platform compatible, so it supports a variety of operating systems such as Windows®, Mac, Linux® and Chrome OS™. Setup is easy with no additional drivers or software required, and the universal USB extender is backward compatible with USB 1.1 and 1.0 peripherals.
The USB2001EXT2P is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Supports plug-and-play operation, as well as and hot-swap and hot-plugging
- Supports transfer rates of up to 480Mbps
- Features built-in cable-tie slots for mounting to a pole
- Universal, multi-platform compatible, and OS independent with no drivers required, for fast, hassle-free setup
- Place your USB device exactly where you need it (up to 100 m), with this cost-effective USB-to-Ethernet extender
- Flexible power input, with the versatility to power the USB extender from the local unit (transmitter), or from the remote unit (receiver)