The EC1S952 1 Port Native ExpressCard RS232 Serial Adapter Card with 16950 UART lets you add an RS232 serial port to your laptop or ExpressCard-equipped desktop computer.
The serial ExpressCard is designed based on a single-chip architecture (as opposed to cards that use a “bridge chip”), providing native PCI Express communication for greater performance and reliability by reducing the CPU load by up to 48%, and lowering power consumption.
An included stabilizer bracket allows the EC1S952 to fit snugly in both 34mm and 54mm ExpressCard slots. Providing optimal communication with RS232 serial devices, this ExpressCard serial card supports baud rates of up to 115.2Kbps and features a 128-byte FIFO buffer, plus a high performance 16C950 UART.
Backed by a StarTech.com lifetime warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Automated in & out-of-band flow control
- Supports ASPM (L0S, L1) Link power management
- Fully compliant with Express Card 1.0 Specifications
- Single chip design optimizes speed, reliability and power
- ExpressCard 34mm and 54mm (with included adapter) Form Factor
- Supports high performance 16C950 UART with baud rates up to 115.2Kbps and backwards compatible with 16C550 UART