M.2 is a solid-state drive (SSD) form factor primarily used as an operating system boot solution. Lenovo ThinkSystem servers support M.2 drives with the addition of a supported M.2 adapter.
The M.2 drives install into an M.2 adapter which in turn is installed in a dedicated slot on the system board of the ThinkSystem server. With two M.2 drives configured, the drives are configured by default as a RAID-1 mirrored pair for redundancy.
There are two M.2 adapters supported:
- Single M.2 Adapter, which supports one M.2 drive; available as the ThinkSystem M.2 Enablement Kit
- Dual M.2 Adapter, which supports one or two M.2 drives; available as the ThinkSystem M.2 with Mirroring Enablement Kit
- Provides sufficient storage capacity of 480 GB for your computer
- The high-read speed of 540 MB/s maximizes system performance and saves time while you are doing complex tasks
- With the high-write speed of 410 MB/s, get a quick response when updating or transferring files
- Have data stored faster with SATA/600 interface that optimizes burst performance