Catalyst 2960-X series Software Features
All Catalyst 2960-X Series Switches use a single Universal Cisco IOS Software Image for all SKUs. Depending on the switch model, the Cisco IOS image automatically configures either the LAN Lite, LAN Base, or IP Lite feature set.
LAN Lite models have reduced functionality and scalability for small deployments with basic requirements. Cisco Catalyst 2960-X Family of Switches are available with the LAN Base and LAN Lite feature sets and Catalyst 2960-XR Family of switches are available IP Lite feature sets.
Note that each switch model is tied to a specific feature level; LAN Lite cannot be upgraded to LAN Base and LAN Base cannot be upgraded to IP Lite.
- Features 48 networking ports to establish large network
- Electrical power is transmitted along with data in a single cable to devices such as Access Points, IP cameras or IP phones
- With PoE+ Port, transfer data and up to 25.5 W of power on a single cable to places where a power outlet is not present
- Up to 10x faster than standard Ethernet server connectivity while providing high-performance uplinks
- Can work as layer 3 routing for scalable network design
- Management capability provides control over setup and configuration of your network
- Built-in power supply to ensure all components are being supplied with accurate voltage
- Rack mounting enables you to organize wires & secure cables for professional installation